• Soul Stirring • Life Altering • Vibrant and Mystical
Yoga Retreat Adventure — March/April, 2019
There’s probably no other country that blazes its way into your memory quite like India does. An exotic blend of deeply spiritual, energetically modern, and endearingly old-fashioned; experiencing India is a profound and powerful experience. Take your yoga beyond your mat, as you journey to the very heart and origin of yoga.
PART I — Himalayan Yoga Immersion: 6 days
Join Julie Murphy and Karen Pagano at the foothills of the Himalayas, 6,900 feet above sea level, in this “Little Tibet” region of India, where history, spirituality, and culture merge together. Our yoga hideaway has the snowcapped Dhauladhar mountains as a spectacular backdrop and offers us complete tranquility with no other hotels or shops nearby to disturb the peace.
We’ll enjoy daily yoga, we’ll explore the town of McLeod Ganj, which is where His Holiness the Dalai Lama resides, and we’ll sit in meditation in His Holiness the Dalai Lama Temple.
Julie received the extraordinary gift of meeting His Holiness the Dalai Lama on her first visit to India … who KNOWS what may happen on this trip 😉
Yoga Immersion — Part I
• A full Yin Yoga Immersion, creating space in the connective tissues of the body and the mind
• Yoga Nidra Awakening, reconnecting with yourself through the power of intention
• Playful exploration, and yoga philosophy discussion—ease in the body, clarity in the mind, laughter in the soul
• Yoga Workshop with Yogi Sivadas, who guided Julie through her 500-hour yoga teacher certification on her first visit to India. What a joy to return for his teachings, as he shares his practical wisdom and deep knowledge of the vast subject of yoga.
PART II—Vibrant Rajasthan — 7 days
Continue with Julie to take your yoga off the mat and into Rajasthan, the “Land of Kings”— the fabled realm of maharajahs and their fairytale palaces and majestic forts. Add to that the jungle safari and wildlife encounters of a luxury, 1920s-style, classic safari camp … this is India at its vibrant best.
Enjoy the quintessential experience of bygone Mughal empires and colonial days in the enthralling city of Jaipur, the gateway to India’s most flamboyant state.
Complete your India journey with the yoga of nature — a classic safari stay in the finest habitat in the world to search for tigers in the wild, in Ranthambore National Park.
- Daily yoga to keep travel stress at bay
- Jaipur excursions/cultural experiences with English-speaking local guide: rickshaw tour, cultural immersion, rescued elephants sanctuary experience
- Private group jeep safaris in Ranthambore National Park
About Your Retreat Hosts
Julie Murphy discovered the joy of yoga in her home country, South Africa, and has several 200-hour and 500-hour certifications from the US and India. She is well known for her soothing voice and Yoga Nidra guided meditation recordings, enjoyed by thousands on Insight Timer, Spotify and other online platforms. In 2018 she traveled to India again, to complete an additional 200-hour certification in Yoga Nidra. Julie is inspired by yoga as a way for anyone to reach their full potential—in body, mind and spirit.
Karen Pagano is considered one of the pioneers of Yin Yoga in South Florida. Her yoga studies took her to Seattle, WA, Bali, and Lake Atitlán, Guatemala for her certifications in Hatha Yoga and Yoga of Sound. Karen’s teaching emphasizes an awareness of energy flow which allows students to expand joyfully into all areas of their lives.
Read our Yoga Retreat Testimonials
With a complex and culture-rich history, India has fascinated for centuries … Join us on our life-changing yoga travel adventure and experience this magical country of contrasts.
(Click here for information on our other yoga retreats)