• Soul Stirring • Life Altering • Vibrant and Mystical
6 or 12-Day Yoga Adventure — March 24 to 29, 2019
There’s probably no other country that blazes its way into your memory quite like India does. An exotic blend of deeply spiritual, energetically modern, and endearingly old-fashioned; experiencing India is a profound and powerful experience. Take your yoga beyond your mat, as you journey to the very heart and origin of yoga.
PART I — Himalayan Yoga Immersion: 6 days $1,695 (March 24-29)
Join Julie Murphy and Karen Pagano at the foothills of the Himalayas, 6,900 feet above sea level, in this “Little Tibet” region of India, where history, spirituality, and culture merge together. Our yoga hideaway has the snowcapped Dhauladhar mountains as a spectacular backdrop and offers us complete tranquility with no other hotels or shops nearby to disturb the peace.
We’ll enjoy daily yoga, we’ll explore the town of McLeod Ganj, which is where His Holiness the Dalai Lama resides, and we’ll sit in meditation with Tibetan monks.
Julie received the extraordinary gift of meeting His Holiness the Dalai Lama on her first visit to India … who KNOWS what may happen on this trip 😉
Secure your place on this incredible retreat!
Full payment of Part I, March 24 to 29, 2019. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions before you make your payment.
• A full Yin Yoga Immersion, creating space in the connective tissues of the body and the mind
• Yoga Nidra Awakening, reconnecting with yourself through the power of intention
• Playful exploration, and yoga philosophy discussion—ease in the body, clarity in the mind, laughter in the soul
• Yoga Workshop with Yogi Sivadas, who guided Julie through her 500-hour yoga teacher certification on her first visit to India. What a joy to return for his teachings, as he shares his practical wisdom and deep knowledge of the vast subject of yoga.
Included — PART I:
- Dharamsala group airport transfers
- 5 hotel nights in Upper Dharamkot in twin sharing suites
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Daily yoga and meditation immersion with two senior yoga teachers
- Guided visit to His Holiness the Dalai Lama Temple, McLeod Ganj
** NOTE: All payments are transferable but non-refundable after August 31, 2018.
Want more than 5 nights? Prolong your stay at our retreat haven or take extra time before/after our retreat to explore other fascinating sights, like the city of Delhi and the majestic Taj Mahal. If you have your heart set on Part II’s itinerary … it’s currently full, but please do contact us about possible availability and we’ll do our best to add you to our group.
** TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS **
Part I – You will be met at Dharamsala airport (DHM) for group transfer to our hotel. Please reserve your domestic flight to arrive at Dharamshala airport on Sunday, March 24, no later than 1pm. Most of our group have booked their flights with Air India leaving Delhi at 10:55 a.m., to arrive at Dharamshala at 12:40 p.m. Our group transfer back to Dharamshala airport on Friday, March 29, will be in time for flights departing from 8:30 a.m. onwards.
Part II – For those continuing with us on Part II, please reserve an additional flight with Air India to Jaipur (JAI), on Friday, March 29, to depart Delhi 12:00 noon and arrive Jaipur 12:55 p.m. For those beginning their journey in Jaipur for Part II only, we will meet you at our Jaipur hotel on the evening of Friday, March 29.
Return flights to Dharamsala from Delhi cost approximately $140 per person, based on instant purchase low-cost fares, subject to change. Check-in baggage allowed on economy class can be maximum 15 kg (33 lbs) per person on some local airlines—be sure to check their terms.
PART II—Vibrant Rajasthan — 7 days $4,200 (March 29 – April 4) — Fully booked — Please contact us about possible availability
Continue with Julie to take your yoga off the mat and into Rajasthan, the“Land of Kings”— the fabled realm of maharajahs and their fairytale palaces and majestic forts. Add to that the jungle safari and wildlife encounters of a luxury, 1920s-style, classic safari camp … this is India at its vibrant best.
Enjoy the quintessential experience of bygone Mughal empires and colonial days in the enthralling city of Jaipur, the gateway to India’s most flamboyant state.
Complete your India journey with the yoga of nature — a classic safari stay at Ranthambore National Park, the finest habitat in the world to search for tigers in the wild.
ACCOMMODATION — PART II
We will stay at one of the oldest and most treasured palaces in the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur. Home to the Maharaja of Jaipur, this exquisite royal palace is located at the heart of Rajasthan’s bustling capital. An enclosed oasis, secluded in verdant gardens, this luxurious Relais & Châteaux property embodies the heritage of its past, taking delight in sharing its history and hospitality. All rooms are exquisitely appointed and have private bathrooms.
In Ranthambore, we stay in the award-winning camp nestling on the borders of the Ranthambore National Park. Another Relais & Châteaux member, our luxury tented camp is globally acknowledged as the most charming and authentic place to stay in Ranthambore. Conservation efforts since 1974, sustainable tourism, and a passion for preserving this corner of living paradise. Inspired by the safari encampments of the 1920s, with all the comforts you could wish for on safari. All tents have private bathrooms.
Both Part I and Part II have a limited number of spaces — please contact us at Om@yogaressa.com to determine availability.
Included — Part II:
- Group transfer from Jaipur airport to hotel
- Group transfer from Jaipur to Ranthambore
- Group air-conditioned train transfer from Ranthambore to Delhi train station
- 3 hotel nights in Jaipur in a twin sharing room, including breakfasts
- 3 hotel nights in Ranthambore National Park, twin sharing occupancy, full board
- Daily yoga to keep travel stress at bay
- Jaipur excursions/cultural experiences with English-speaking local guide: Pink City Rickshaw tour, Cultural immersion, Elephant sanctuary experience
- Three private group jeep safaris in Ranthambore
- Complimentary laundry service in Jaipur and Ranthambore
Not Included – Part I and/or Part II:
- International and domestic flights
- Tips and gratuities to guides and drivers
- Beverages or meals not listed in the list of inclusions
- Spa treatments or massages
- Camera fees or other services not mentioned above
About Your Retreat Hosts
Julie Murphy discovered the joy of yoga in her home country, South Africa, and has several 200-hour and 500-hour certifications from the US and India. She is well known for her soothing voice and Yoga Nidra guided meditation recordings, enjoyed by thousands on Insight Timer, Spotify and other online platforms. In 2018 she traveled to India again, to complete an additional 200-hour certification in Yoga Nidra. Julie is inspired by yoga as a way for anyone to reach their full potential—in body, mind and spirit.
Karen Pagano is considered one of the pioneers of Yin Yoga in South Florida. Her yoga studies took her to Seattle, WA, Bali, and Lake Atitlán, Guatemala for her certifications in Hatha Yoga and Yoga of Sound. Karen’s teaching emphasizes an awareness of energy flow which allows students to expand joyfully into all areas of their lives.
Read our Yoga Retreat Testimonials
With a complex and culture-rich history, India has fascinated for centuries … Join us on our life-changing yoga travel adventure and experience this magical country of contrasts.
(Click here for information on our other yoga retreats)