• Soul Stirring • Life Altering • Vibrant and Mystical
11-Night Yoga Adventure — March 24 to April 4, 2019
There’s probably no other country that blazes its way into your memory quite like India does. An exotic blend of deeply spiritual, energetically modern, and endearingly old-fashioned; experiencing India is a profound and powerful experience. Take your yoga beyond your mat, as you journey to the very heart and origin of yoga.
PART I — Himalayan Hilltop Yoga Immersion — 5 nights — $1,695
Join Julie Murphy and Karen Pagano at the foothills of the Himalayas, 6,900 feet above sea level, in this “Little Tibet” region of India, where history, spirituality, and culture merge together. Our yoga hideaway has the snowcapped Dhauladhar mountains as a spectacular backdrop and offers us complete tranquility with no other hotels, shops or roads nearby to disturb the peace. After daily yoga, we explore the town of McCleod Ganj, which is where HH the Dalai Lama, as well as his community in exile from Tibet, reside.
• A full Yin Yoga Immersion, creating space within the connective tissues of the body and the mind
• Yoga Nidra Awakening, reconnecting with yourself through the power of intention
• Playful exploration, and philosophical discussion—inviting ease into the body, clarity in the mind and laughter in the soul
• Yoga Workshop with Yogi Sivadas, who guided Julie through her 500-hour yoga teacher certification. What a joy to return to India for his teachings, as he shares his practical wisdom and deep knowledge of the vast subject of yoga.
- Dharamsala airport transfers
- 5 hotel nights in Upper Dharamkot in twin sharing suites
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Daily yoga and meditation immersion with two senior yoga teachers
- Guided visit to His Holiness the Dalai Lama Temple, McCleod Ganj
*** NOTE: All PART I payments are non-refundable after August 31, 2018. If you cannot attend the retreat and you know of someone who can take your place, you may transfer the full amount of your fees paid to the third party, without penalty or additional fees, when the third party registers with us.
PART II — Vibrant Rajasthan — 6 nights — Priced subject to group size
Continue with Julie to take your yoga off the mat and into Rajasthan, the“Land of Kings”— the fabled realm of maharajahs and their fairytale palaces and majestic forts. Add to that the jungle safari and wildlife encounters of a luxury, 1920s-style, classic safari camp … this is India at its vibrant best.
Enjoy the quintessential experience of bygone Mughal empires and colonial days in the enthralling city of Jaipur, the gateway to India’s most flamboyant state.
Complete your India journey with the yoga of nature — a classic safari stay at Ranthambhore National Park, the finest habitat in the world to search for tigers in the wild.
Pricing for Part II of our yoga adventure depends on the group size (minimum 8 people). Please let us know your interest as soon as possible as Part II is subject to accommodation availability.
Both Part I and Part II have a limited number of spaces — please contact us at Om@yogaressa.com to determine availability.
- Group transfer from Jaipur airport to hotel
- 3 hotel nights in Jaipur in a twin sharing room, including breakfasts
- 3 hotel nights in Ranthambhore National Park, twin sharing occupancy, full board
- Daiy yoga travel stretches and de-stress
- Minimum 2 Jaipur city excursions/cultural experiences with English-speaking trip leader
- Group transfer from Jaipur to Ranthambore
- Group road or air-conditioned train transfer from Ranthambhore to Delhi
- Group jeep safaris in Ranthambhore
Part I – You will be met for group transfer from Dharamsala airport (DHM). Please reserve your domestic flight to arrive on Sunday, March 24, no later than 1pm. If you’re continuing with us on Part II, you will need to reserve a domestic flight with Air India to Jaipur (JAI) via Delhi, on Friday, March 29 (time to be confirmed).
Part II – For those beginning their journey in Jaipur for Part II only, we will meet you at our Jaipur hotel on the evening of Friday, March 29.
Return flights to Dharamsala from hubs such as Delhi or Mumbai cost approximately $120 per person, based on instant purchase low-cost fares, subject to change. Check-in baggage allowed on economy class can be maximum 15 kg per person on some local airlines—be sure to check their terms.
With a complex and culture-rich history, India has fascinated for centuries … Join us on our yoga travel adventure and experience this magical place of contrasting beauty and chaos.
Not Included – Part I and/or Part II:
- International and domestic flights
- Tips and gratuities to guides and drivers
- Beverages or meals not listed in the list of inclusions
- Spa treatments or massages
- Camera fees, laundry, or other services not mentioned above
Read our Yoga Retreat Testimonials!
(Click here for information on our other yoga retreats)